The Truth Is One
I was born in a secular Jewish house, but I do not follow any organised religion. I believe in God, but I do not look for God in a synagogue, church, or mosque. I feel that all religions have historically divided humanity rather than brought it together. The truth is one. Wise people know it by many names.
Religious dogma, often based on half-truths, tends to bind its followers to a set of core assumptions and thus, in most cases, does not encourage free-thinking.
My work is an internal search for a connection to my source of inspiration, which I believe is divine and universal. I am inspired to create work that combines religious objects as styling for nude photographs, altering their original religious purpose to question the attitudes, fears and unwritten rules which have formed religious dogma and our behaviour within it.
- Budapest International Foto Awards 2021: SILVER in Fine Art/ Nudes
- Tokyo International Foto Awards 2020: Silver in Fine Art/Nudes
- Tokyo International Foto Awards 2020: Silver in Portfolio/Fine Art
- OneEyeLand Photography Awards 2018 - Silver Award
- 11th Annual Black & White SPIDER Awards 2017- Nominee
- IPA ~ International Photography Awards 2016 - Honourable Mention
- 10th Annual Black & White SPIDER Awards 2016 Honourable Mention